PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW AND IMPROVED PACK 362 WEBSITE FOR LATEST PACK INFORMATION AND ALL RESOURCES:
Since you are already on our old site here is some general information:
Cub Scout Pack 362 is made up of boys and girls living in Selden, Centereach, Coram, and Port Jefferson. Our cubs go to school primarily at New Lane, Hawkins Path, and Stagecoach Elementary. We offer your child the opportunity to make life-long friends and take part in activities that most non-scouts only dream of. If done correctly,parents of Scouts find themselves benefiting nearly as much as their kids. Scouting is fun, educational, and relatively in-expensive if one takes advantage of fundraising opportunities.
Pack 362 embraces the new family scouting program which means girls can join a girl den or boys can join a boys den. Each den follows their own program for weekly den meetings to complete requirements but the varied age/ sex dens will interact at pack meetings or pack events (IE trips/camp-outs). Our cub pack has included entire families in the program for several years, but for those that prefer a legacy uni-sex approach their are other Packs in the county you can explore.
We meet during the school year on Wednesday nights ~ 7pm; three Den Meetings per month and one Pack Night (all dens sharing in activity) per month.
Typical Events include
- Camping Fall and Spring/Summer
- Hiking (IE: Cold Spring Harbor Hatchery, Fire Island -Sunken Trail, Avalon Park)
- Fishing (IE: Charter Boat Port Jeff.)
- Overnight Trips TBA (IE: Cradle of Aviation Museum, Battleship Cove - USS Mass. , LI Children's Museum)
- Parades, ceremonies, community service, memorial services...
- Pinewood Derby (build cars and race)
- Scout advancement ceremonies
- Blue and Gold Banquet (annual)
- Kite flying, Biking... Fun
Suffolk County CouncilBSA
Typical Meeting Locations:
- Selden Middle School - 22 Jefferson Ave, Centereach, NY 11720 (Cafeteria)
- Hope Lutheran Church - 46 Dare Rd, Selden, NY 11784
Suffolk BSA Scout Council Office / Scout Store (Uniforms)
- 7 Scouting Blvd, Medford, NY 11763 Phone: 631-924-7000